Monday, June 19, 2017

Perez plays down talk of Ronaldo exit


Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has played down talk that Cristiano Ronaldo could be about to leave the club, claiming the Portugal international is 'at ease' at Madrid.

Perez also confirmed that no club has made an offer for the 32-year-old, who has a release clause of £1 billion.



It had been speculated that Ronaldo may quit Santiago Bernabeu due to accusations of tax fraud, but Perez does not think that his player has done anything untoward.

"It has affected me how the media treated Cristiano, the presumption of innocence was not respected," Perez said. "I believe everyone must comply with their tax obligations and I know that Cristiano always does things the right way. Cristiano has the same corporate structure he had in England, where he spent many years without problems. I am sure that Cristiano complies with his tax duties, it must be a confusion that will be cleared."

"All I can say is that Cristiano Ronaldo has a contract with Madrid," Perez continued. "I have not spoken to Ronaldo, I have just heard what has been in the newspapers. The last time I spoke to Ronaldo was after the Cardiff match and we spoke about next season."

"He always told me he is at ease in Real Madrid. Ronaldo is in a major tournament with his country and until that is over I cannot talk to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wan japa go UK!! What do you even know about UK?

England  Country: England's is a single country within the United Kingdom. Capital: London. Geography: It is located in the southern par...